Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The vision thing -- send jpegs!

To me, the most important thing is the vision, and then one solves the problems to be encountered in the implementation. Difficulties should not be "stoppers." But it's best to consider the hurdles and how to cross them in advance. There may be new information, or a way around rather than through. (Sorry, Dr. Jung.)
When I look closely at my street plan it raises questions of public safety, ease of access, potential impact on merchants, cost versus benefit, need for increased parking, public transportation routes, and more if one keeps tuning the microscope.
I'd prefer to speak of the potential beauty, the effect of a gathering place for our whole community, the positive press one would engender by establishing a low cost, enlightened solution to an urban dilemma. By trade I'm a musician, an engineer. And I like to write, but through respect for the professionals, I can't call myself a writer.
I'm a great appreciator of graphic arts, sketching, painting, architectural design. I have little skill and thus not enough time to develop pictorial support for my vision of a possible Menlo Park pedestrian promenade. I welcome your vision. If you're graphically capable, send me a jpeg! menlovision@yahoo.com

No comments: